Listening to the Copyright presentation was very informative. I noted some key items that may be of use for future review.
- Fair dealing something to look into deeper. RRU based on Universities Canada. (Wrobel, 2016, 18.17). Side note: I want to make a mash-up now.
- Ideas not protected just the unique expression of the idea. (Wrobel, 2016, 5.04)
- Who owns the copyright (Wrobel, 2016, 8:32)
- Her example of a basic copyright statement (Wrobel, 2016, 9.25)
- Good to know the allowances for presentations and elearning for images (Wrobel, 2016, 38:25). Also the permissions for graphics (Wrobel, 2016, 53:03).
- Copyright and thesis. (Wrobel, 2016, 40.00). vs Research Paper (Wrobel, 2016, 45:18).
- Register your work with the CIPO for $65 (Wrobel, 2016, 55:53).
- Understanding Creative Commons (Wrobel, 2016, 57:20).
- Open Vs traditional publishing (Wrobel, 2016, 1.03:01).
Wrobel, M. (2016, June 13). A Guide to Copyright (video webcast). Retrieved from: https://ultra-ca-prod-sms.bbcollab.cloud/media/stream?original_media_url=sms_73e7fdd4f37d43febde43e4472315f20&media_display_name=LRNT502