A good research question is the base on which a research paper stands. If the question is not good enough, the paper will be weak and not be able to prove or disprove the theory. Here are some points on how to make a good research:
- Make it clear so you and your audience knows the topic
- Make it focused so you know what information you are looking for
- Make it concise so that you do not end up questioning the question as you go
- Make it complex enough that it requires research to find the answer.
- Make it arguable so there is discussion possible on the topic
The Writing Center. (2019). How to Write a Research Question. Retrieved from https://writingcenter.gmu.edu/guides/how-to-write-a-research-question