Three initial thoughts, ideas, or feelings.
- It is impossible to substitute online learning for hands-on learning within a clinical environment.
- Converting a course from face to face to online is met with challenges and requires constant review and updates.
- Not all learners thrive in an online environment.
- How can you incorporate multiple learning styles into your teachings to ensure learner success within an online learning environment?
- Is it possible to create an inclusive online environment that will promote critical thinking?
Metaphor or simile.
In my experience, I have found that I am consistently putting out fires or trying to figure out a way to “just” make it work while keeping my head above water. When I think it will be smooth sailing, a new fire erupts and makes it’s way downstream with me. I think to myself, “what is even happening” is it possible to ensure that subsequent fires will be snuffed out indefinitely. Learners’ success is dependant on eliminating the fires and creating a learning environment that is smooth sailing.