Spread the love

Creating an eLearning Group Project

One thing that I have really enjoyed with this latest class, LRNT522 Introduction to Research: Critical Reading and Writing, was working with fellow students on Assignment 2 to review theoretical frameworks. The assignment included creating an annotated bibliography and a presentation regarding three learning theories, our assigned theories being Adult Learning Theory, Gamified Learning and both Community of Inquiry and Practice.

Creating the annotated bibliography was a good exercise and was helpful in getting feedback from one another on our own writing. That said, I had the most fun with creating the Theoretical Frameworks eLearning Presentation. This was created using Genial.ly, something I’d never heard of before this course but is essentially an online eLearning creation tool similar to Captivate or Storyline 360, although with arguably less features. It is extremely easy to get going with, and has most of what simpler presentations need, while also having a free (if branded by Genially) option. The group worked really well together in completing this project (Vanessa Tran on Adult Learning Theory, Eric Yu on Community of Inquiry, and Christopher Rowe on Gamification), with lots of feedback and dialogue throughout over Teams.

While the team worked on their portions, I began my work by creating a storyboard (CoP and Transformative Storyboard) based on a template I created while watching Paul Wilson’s excellent video on how to create a storyboard for eLearning. While it did end up differing in the end, having more slides and animations, I think it turned out better than initially designed. I ended up putting together the Transformative Learning Framework and Community of Practice slides, with Christopher Rowe both creating the Transformative Learning Framework graphic (to match his own excellent Gamification animations) and finessing the transition between the “What is Community of Practice” slides. I also spent a good deal of time ensuring that the look between slides (font, images, placement, menu links, etc.) were consistent, something I really enjoyed while designing touchscreen interfaces for building automation projects. The team also triple-checked the layouts while making final tweaks to transitions, references and adjusted other layout issues that they came across.

Again, it was really a lot of fun to work with a team on this, draw from each others strengths. I really enjoyed working with such a great team!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.